Wrinkle relaxing injections 7 days after
What are wrinkle relaxing injections?
Botulinum toxin has the ability to temporarily block the neuromuscular activity, resulting in a smoothing or disappearance of wrinkles on the skin. The effect of treatment lasts about 3-6 months and after that time, the wrinkles usually remain shallower than before treatment.
One can repeat treatment, when the reformation of wrinkles is noticed.
Botulinum toxin type A products authorized for use in the UK are: Botox, Dysport, Azzalure, Xeomin, Vistabel and Bocouture.
Botulinum toxin is not a remedy for all signs of ageing. This substance is only used for correcting dynamic wrinkles (such as around the eyes, forehead, the nose), and lifting selected aspects of the face (eyebrows, corners of the mouth,tip of the nose). Botulinum toxin injections can also correct a “gummy smile”, early smokers wrinkles around the mouth and cobblestone chin.
In some cases, injections of botulinum toxin are preformed around nasolabial folds and cheeks, but these are of limited use in these areas and filler treatments are usually carried out first.
Botulinum toxin is indispensable in the fight against excessive sweating of the armpits, hands, feet and face. It also lets you correct the vertical lines on the neck.
What can be corrected with botulinum toxin?
- wrinkles between the eyebrows and horizontal lines on the forehead;
- radial wrinkles around the eyes (crow’s feet) and the wrinkles on the lower eyelid;
- “bunny lines” and “smoker’s lines” around lips;
- eyebrows, mouth corners and tip of the nose can be lifted;
- “gummy smile” (when at full smile you can see too much gum);
- “pitted chin” and neck bands;
- hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating) of the armpits, hands and feet;